OPEN POSITION: Dean of Students
The Dean of Students has the primary responsibility of establishing the good order of the school. This task is accomplished by promoting school values and working in concert with the other members of the administration, as well as the members of the faculty and staff. The Dean of Students reports to the Principal.
Responsible for the overall discipline of the student body, establishing a culture of responsibility and accountability.
- Oversees student attendance procedures in conjunction with the Attendance Office.
- Oversees the faculty supervision:
a) Assigning and overseeing assignments before/after school, and during lunch
b) Classroom management and maintenance of a good learning environment
- Oversees student comportment in the cafeteria during lunch periods
- Convenes and acts as the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee
- Oversees campus safety and security
- Member of the administrative team
- Oversees student transportation
- Oversees the assigning of student lockers
- Assists in development, implementation and evaluation of policies promoting Salesian
values in student general discipline and self-discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a Master’s Degree is preferred
- Experience in education as a Classroom Educator, Coach or comparable areas involving direct contact with young people
- Background in Salesian educational practice or willingness to be further formed in Salesian educational theory and practice.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; Proactive presence and awareness.
Candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume via email to Father James Heuser, SDB at email@example.com.