A home, a school, a parish, and a playground.
At a time when there were 90 elements to the Periodic Table, a gallon of gasoline cost 26 cents and the first modern art museum opened in Washington, DC, a group of priests and brothers laid the cornerstone to a dream on 17 acres overlooking Long Island Sound in New Rochelle. The year was 1920, the men were Salesians of St. John Bosco, and the dream is Salesian High School.
Salesian is an academic high school for boys. It embodies the rich educational tradition of St. John Bosco -- a tradition based on Reason, Religion, Kindness, and the presence of educators among the students. Since the average class size is 24, our students enjoy the benefits of a quality academic program in a structured and supportive setting that prizes personalized attention.
Salesian is a home that welcomes; a school that prepares for life; a parish where Christian values shape character; and a family where lasting friendships are formed.
Whether in the classroom, in the gym, or at various extracurricular activities and events, Salesian's dedicated faculty helps students develop their potential. Through personal and career counseling and quality academic instruction, our students are encouraged to strive toward academic excellence and to mature as productive and responsible Christian gentlemen.
Salesian High at a Glance
Average Class Size
Percentage of Students Going on to College
Fees (paid at registration) are $725
- Honors Program
- Math Leaders Program (Full Scholarship Program)
- Advanced Placement Courses in: English Language, English Literature, American History, World History, Calculus, Biology, Environmental Science, & Psychology
- American Studies Academy
- College Link Program with Iona College (Political Science & English)
- Expanded Sports Program including baseball, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, tennis, golf, soccer, cross country, bowling and handball
- Extensive Intramural Sports
- Big Brother Program
- Service Programs
- Youth Ministry